Weddings Holiday Guide
Every couple planning to be married looks for that perfect wedding spot. Tropical destinations always appeal, and for obvious reasons - the sun, the sand, the blue ocean, the swaying palms and gentle breezes. Australia and New Zealand is blessed by being close to the tropics and with easy access to many South Pacific islands. Fiji is the cross-roads of the South Pacific, and a hub for airlines going to and from the USA, Australia and NZ. This has helped Fiji become not only a convenient and welcoming holiday destination, but the perfect choice for honeymoons and weddings.
What can wedding couples expect for their Fiji wedding in paradise?
- Warm climate and calm seas make for comfortable cruising.
- Smaller guest numbers mean friendly and personal service and unhurried days.
- Beautiful blue lagoons and white sand beaches to glide past and often to visit.
- Join snorkelling trips to remote reefs.
- Tenders in the morning to a nearby beach for swimming and sunrise watching.
- Stop on a remote island and visit a Fijian village to view handicrafts for sale, Fijian traditional dancing (meke).
- Awake each day to a different vista.
- Sip a cocktail on the top deck and watch a glorious tropical sunset.
- Get to know your fellow passengers and have fun at the Fijian feast and entertainment evening.
Some great Fiji wedding holiday ideas
If the budget allows, go for one of the exclusive island resorts, such as Likuliku Lagoon resort (Fiji's first overwater bungalows are here!) in the Mamanucas, or Turtle Island, Yasawa Island Resort or even Navutu Stars in the Yasawas. The top exclusive resort is Wakaya Beach Club, or try Vatulele in the southern region. Categories of luxury or deluxe wedding resorts can be found in the Yasawas, Mamanucas and especially in the northern islands of Taveuni, Qamea, and Matangi. The Savusavu area has several top wedding resorts also. For hotel style luxury weddings, there are lots of options at Denarau island in Nadi and down the Coral Coast. For something different, try a wedding on a cruise, such as the Blue Lagoon Cruises, Captain Cook Cruises or the 4-masted Tui Tai. If you are looking to book an entire island, try Nagigia Island Resort off Kadavu Island (great if you are surfing enthusiasts also!), or Savasi Island out of Savusavu. Wadigi Island in the Mamanucas is another option, as is Toberua in the Lomaiviti (central Fiji) region, and Nukubati Island off the northern coast of Vanua Levu. Of course, weddings in Fiji do not have to cost a lot. Even budget beach resorts regularly organise weddings for their guests so you can share in the whole ambience of Fiji without it costing the earth. Though these weddings may lack the luxury 5-star finesse, they still share the exotic and tropical romantic beauty that is Fiji.